Sony has released a small firmware update to their Beta 5.0 update, which is aimed to help out users who are running the beta that were affected by the recent 4.74 update.
Last week’s 4.74 firmware update seemed to cause a slew of issues for those running the 5.0 Beta firmware. Various users reported things like crashes and bugs after loading up the 4.74 update, which led to Sony sending out the following email to those running the beta:
Important information for Beta Trial testers
PlayStation 4 system software update 4.74 has been released. When trying to start certain games, you may be prompted to update the system to 4.74 from the 5.00 Beta.
Updating from 5.00 Beta to 4.74 will result in the following restrictions:
- You will not be able to revert back from 4.74 to the current 5.00 Beta. (You will be able to update to the upcoming 5.00 Beta 6.)
- The order in which content is displayed on the home screen will be reset.
- Download links on the home screen (such as for SHAREfactory or Media Player) that you deleted will be displayed again.
- Some items in [Notifications] will be deleted.
- Some items in [Discover] that you have already seen will be displayed again.
- Activities that were created and some settings you configured while using the 5.00 Beta will be stored on the PlayStation Network server. You may see notifications related to these activities and settings even after updating to 4.74.
- Games that were downloaded while using the 5.00 Beta may not start properly after updating to 4.74. If this happens, delete the game, and then download it again
Please refrain from updating to 4.74 and wait for the upcoming 5.00 Beta 6 update if you would like to avoid these limitations.
It seems as if since the email, Sony has released an updated version of the 5.0 Beta for users that should fix any issues. As for the public, it’s likely that the PS4 5.0 firmware update will be released to all of us sooner rather than later.
The post Sony Releases System Update to 5.0 Beta After Issues From 4.74 Update appeared first on PlayStation LifeStyle.